Shell Discovers Gas Reservoir in Egypt’s Mediterranean Sea
The gas reservoir was discovered after a drill 250 metres below sea-level in the Nile Delta.
British energy company Shell has made a gas find at its first exploration well in Egypt's Mediterranean Sea.
Drilled using the Stena Forth rig to a depth of 250 metres, preliminary data confirmed a gas reservoir at the North East El-Amriya block. Further evaluation is underway to determine this reservoir's size and recoverable resources.
The discovery of the well kicked off Shell's three-test drilling campaign in the area, conducted with partners KUFPEC and EGAS.
The outcome bolsters Shell's growth plans and ongoing partnership in Egypt's energy sphere. The find comes after Shell's September farm-out agreement had KUFPEC acquire a 40% stake in North East El-Amriya, leaving Shell with the remaining 60% held with EGAS.
- Previous Article Dr.Sisilove or How (Not) To Diffuse A Bomb
- Next Article Blu Fiefer's Mafi Budget Launches 'Fi Shway Budget' Freestyle Contest
Trending This Week