Previous Post
UN Tags Upper Egypt Development Program for Best Sustainable Practices
Next Post
Egypt Partners with Microsoft to Build Youth Tech Capacity

98% of Elderly in Egypt's Care Home Received COVID-19 Vaccines

About 3,000 senior citizens stay at these homes, where precautions including sterilization and thermal detection are frequently taken.

The Ministry of Social Solidarity has provided 98% of senior citizens at its care homes with a vaccine for COVID-19. About 3,000 senior citizens stay at these homes, where precautions including sterilization and thermal detection are frequently taken. The remaining 2% of senior citizens have hesitated to take the vaccine due to personal circumstances.


A special hotline for care homes has been implemented to allow senior citizens easy access to services from the Ministry of Health and Population.


Vaccinations will continue to be provided to elderly people who benefit from the Ministry of Solidarity's services outside of their care homes, while a convoy has been launched in Sharqia to vaccinate homeless adults.